Corsica's Corner

Go down

Corsica's Corner

Post  Corsica on Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:49 am

I'm Corsica.

About Me

I'm the leader of Biscuit ROUGE, a group under Totally Up! Project's J-unior Sweet. I'm also the leader of Hanabi Pro Chicks, which is under Hanabi! Project. I'm also a member of a few other dubbing groups: Etoile, Kisetsu Project, and of course Airashii Project.

I'm not part of a lot of dubbing groups because I'm very busy. I work three jobs, and I'm going back to school (college) at the same time. Dubbing is a great way to keep off the stress.

Before I went back to school, I was a very big gamer. I played all kinds of games, but my favorite were RPGs, RTS (real time strategy games), and football games. Even though I can't play games now since I'm busy with school, I'm still a gamer at heart.

Stuff I'm Writing

Here is some stuff that I'm currently writing. I've picked these three stories because they are some way or another related to the idol world. The last two have appearances from H!P members.

(Untitled Work) http://hanabiproject.forumcommunity.net/?t=38879943
A major media CEO wants to break up a professor-idol couple so that the CEO's daughter can marry the idol. It is a thriller, which means that it has a serious tone and it has a lot of action. This has the same level of violence and romance that you'd expect in a Star Wars movie.

"Berryz Meetup" http://hanabiproject.forumcommunity.net/?t=38956667
A group of ordinary dubbers meet Berryz Koubou. Meanwhile, other celebrities want to make life hard for the Berryz. This is written in a skit/play format, and it's written by more than one author. It's more of a comedy than anything else. Some parts are mad funny.

"Flamma: A Pokemon Story" http://hanabiproject.forumcommunity.net/?t=39269255
What happens when the Pokemon world and the idol world meet? This is a light story with original characters and H!P members having fun with their Pokemon. I just started it so there aren't that many H!P people in it yet, but they will be there soon. It's a fun, light-hearted read.

I'm also writing serious stuff (better than the works above) that I'm not publishing online. Maybe one day you can find them at your local bookstore. Besides fiction, I also write non-fiction and poetry.

Trivia Tidbits

- I don't own a TV.
- I'm American, but people all over the world regularly mistake me for all sorts of Asian peoples, from Japanese to Vietnamese.
- I used to be an otaku.

More stuff coming soon.
Corsica

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Corsica's Corner

Post  Minuki on Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:54 pm

Welcome, or rather, hello, since I see you around a lot! You know me, happy bring-everyone-together Admin Minuki.

Wow, you're in a lot more dubbing projects than I am xD I'm in Airashii of course, and Hana Project. Technically I'm also in Akai Project but they've become ridiculously inactive and I don't even know what's going on so. I'm also auditioning for something else so maybe this will change.

Good luck with your jobs and college though! That seems like a lot of work at one time D: I'm a Sophomore in High School so I don't have to worry about college for a little while longer, but that seems like a crapload of work.

I'm kind of an otaku but I've moved onto idols lately. I still love watching anime and collecting merchandise (also I've been dying to try out a Dating Sim but all of them are in Japanese and I can't even speak the basics that well yet), but Japanese and Korean idols are what I follow the most.

Anyway, It'll be nice working with you! I'll check out your writing sometime, too, the first one sounds really interesting.
Minuki
Admin

View user profile http://www.darlingdream.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Corsica on Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:58 am

You really are friendly. Smile I've heard that I (unintentionally) give off an intimidating vibe, so I do appreciate when people welcome me so warmly.

I'm not into the idol world as much as many dubbers are. I just like to listen to H!P music and sing it with other people. But I do look up to anyone who can keep track of what happens in the ever-changing J-Pop world. I've only started knowing about K-Pop this summer, so I don't know much about the Korean pop scene, but I'd imagine it to be as dynamic as J-Pop. Anyone who knows their favorite idols' personalities, favorite foods, and strengths is a true fan, and true fans of any entertainment scene get my respect for knowing their stuff.

The professor-idol couple is actually in all three of the stories. They're so much fun to write about. Since the stories have three different flavors, I get to explore their characters from different angles. Two of the stories have H!P characters - the thriller does not because it just contains original characters.

Also, let me know what you think of the stories when you get a chance to read them - I do appreciate when people take the time to read what I wrote. People are allowed to request characters (either real characters or themselves) for Flamma (Pokemon story), so if you'd like to be in it, just let me know.

By the way, what is a Dating Sim?
Corsica

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minuki on Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:57 pm

Really? You don't seem intimidating to me at all! xD

I don't follow Kpop half as much as I do Jpop, but I can tell you that their styles are a lot different from each other. I wouldn't know how to describe it accurately, but the overall sound of both genres is very different. I love both, though. And yeah, I know a lot about my favorite idols xD I just watch them on variety shows on YouTube and stuff a LOT, so there's a lot about their personalities that you can pick up on.

Also a Dating Sim is kind of like a visual novel-like game, where you have a cast of girls to choose from (or men if the main character is a woman), and with certain dialogue options you can make one of them fall in love with you. I've never really played one (the closest I've gotten to anything close to a Dating Sim is Persona 3 which is more like a Role-Playing Game anyway) so that's the best way I can explain it.
Minuki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Corsica on Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:36 pm

One thing that I do like about J-Pop is that not everyone is the same size. In Morning Musume, for example, you can see Tsuji standing next to Iida. In K-Pop and as well as in English-language pop music (think Britney Spears, Pussycat Dolls, et cetera), almost every singer is thin and is the same height. That bothers me because it seems so unnatural, although that alone isn't enough for me to not like the music.

I do like, however, the attitude in K-Pop songs like Run Devil Run and Bad Girl Good Girl more than the cuteness in the stereotypical kawaii J-Pop song.

The dating sim does sound interesting! I usually shy away from anything related to dating, but this one sounds like an RPG - and I love RPGs. Maybe you can help create the first major American dating sim game. Smile

Which Korean groups do you like listening to? And what types of video games do you like to play? (I know you like to play Trauma Center and FF. Smile )
Corsica

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Minuki on Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:47 pm

YES that's very true about sizes and body types and stuff. A little variety is good.

Andd yes there's Trauma Center, FF, and I also play Phoenix Wright and the Persona series. Right now the Persona series is my #1 favorite. It's a fighting RPG with a little bit of Dating Sim mixed in. It's a very thought provoking series, too. I got attached to the characters really quickly.
Minuki
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down